Friday, July 22, 2011

Where in the World do you Live?


When I was kid of about five or six years old, we would often go to Imang Choy's house for some scrumptious breakfast. One of the fondest memories I have of the visits is the extensive Library of Books of Imang Choy. I would look at the colorful books, the ones with really neat illustrations that inevitably left an indelible impression in my mind. More often that not, she would give me a book or two especially when she noticed that you're particularly fond of the book. She is really very generous when it comes to sharing the books. One such book is this one entitled, "Where in the World do you live?". I would ogle at the nifty pictures back then because I wasn't able to read yet when she gave this to me. I'm glad I was able to keep this book in good condition as this is one memento of a woman that I will certainly never forget. Imang Choy, my aunt, is one of the few people who in my earlier life have boosted my confidence. She believed in me so much, she recommended me to be the Angel to sing in the "Salubong" in Apalit for two consecutive years. I suppose that is one for the books.
Thank you Imang Choy for the memories, for your magnanimity and generosity, your love for family, and for your spirituality. The life you've lived have been such a great inspiration to me and to countless other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment